Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Harry Potter - Indulgent Dot Pointed Review

Well it's been over a week since my last blog. I blame uni, it's always time consuming in the first few weeks when everyone pretends they will get all the readings done and turn up to every single lecture and study group.

As a reward for being so dilligent I went and saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on Sunday. Spoilers ahead. Though I doubt any of you are like me and only saw it 2 days ago.


Picture from google. Don't sue me if it's yours.
So here are my non eloquent thoughts on the movie.
  • I cried for the lack of Lucius Malfoy (or should I say Luscious). Seriously, couldn't they at least weave him into a few scenes here and there?
  • Narcissa Malfoy could've been a bit more MILF-y... and more forceful.
  • Draco Malfoy's acting wasn't too bad at all. Quite emotional at times.
  • I realised just how short Harry Potter really is. Doesn't affect the movie really, but for the purposes of these bullet points, worth noting.
  • Hermione is growing on me - less annoying and I like her outfits. Preppy with appropriate dresses here and there.
  • I liked Luna's Slughorn Christmas Party ensemble. She pulled the silver leggings off quite well.
  • Bellatrix could not have been cast better.
  • Snape was the glue holding the movie together. Love him.
  • I found the movie to be fairly disjointed. Some parts were left out, others were over emphasised. Plus the horcrux bit wasn't really explained too well. It was like *poof* we're now in the middle of the black black ocean.
  • But overall since I am quite the Harry Potter fan, I still loved it and will no doubt buy it on dvd.
Anyway that's all from me. Hopefully I'll get some more fashion posts up here soon.

3 comments:

Bucca said...

Argh I had to quickly press the comment buton because I haven't seen this yet!! lol will come back and comment again once I have seen it!

fickle red riding hood said...

I loved the movie. Agree that Draco's mum should have been more Milfy, as you put it haha I think you should include the serious Balmain shoulders Mcgonagall was rocking.

360DegreeSneezeGuard said...

Don't worry Bucca, my review was very superficial, didn't give away too much at all haha.

FRRH I can't believe I forgot about Mcgonagall's Balmain points! I remember watching and thinking, good to see that even the wizarding world appreciates haute couture. It was wonderful.